Friday, August 9, 2013

A Little Dirt Never Hurt Anyone

Cleaning is one of my least favorite things to do in life.  People who work with in a 500 foot vicinity of my desk can attest to that fact.  Mind you, I'm not a dirty person (I do shower) I just selfishly hate spending my time picking up after myself or others. (I realize it's not one of my better qualities)  Be that as it may, one of the first orders of business on this new acquisition of ours was a deep clean.

The bus (from here on out known as she - according to some she's temperamental like some females who are clearly not me) had been sitting, unloved somewhere in Utah for the past 3+ years.  Seems like the last time she was registered was in 1999, so more emphasis on the + part of those years.  I was expecting bugs, roadkill and other unmentionables to be stuffed in every nook and cranny, so we prepared ourselves.


After a trip to the dollar store to stock up on any and every bargain priced cleaning supply they had, we ventured in.  To my surprise it wasn't as bad as I was expecting!  No bugs, no nested creatures in the cushion foam and no STD filled used condoms (although the germs could still be lurking).




A few hours of hard scouring, scrubbing and a healthy dose of the Tom Petty station on Pandora found our bus much closer to shiny then it was before.  I would show you an after picture, but I'm not sure you would really notice a difference (dirt and rust all look the same in pictures, right?)  But nonetheless I feel much less icky sitting in the bus now then I did before and that is what I call progress.